Chronic pain patients are often ignored, misunderstood, and undertreated.
We must work together to change that.
Become an ambassador
The U.S. Pain Ambassador Network isn’t just a network of volunteers–it’s a family. Many of our ambassadors form relationships with their fellow pain warrior that last a life time.
We also understand that, because of pain, finding the time and energy to volunteer can be difficult. That’s why our ambassador program is tailored to your needs and abilities. You can contribute as much time as you want, and many activities can be done from the comfort of your home. Even five minutes a month can make a huge difference!
Examples of ambassador efforts:
- Host an information table or awareness event in your community (can be at a hospital, a library, a statehouse… anywhere!)
- Participate in or host a fundraiser (online or in-person)
- Help distribute U.S. Pain materials and resources (e.g. to your doctor’s office, your local library, etc.)
- Participate in different awareness campaigns year-round, such as Pain Awareness Month or KNOWvember
How it works:
- Sign up to become an ambassador by completing this questionnaire. It only takes about five minutes.
- After you complete the questionnaire, you’ll become a “junior ambassador” and get a password for the ambassador toolkit, which has resources and information on various volunteer opportunities.
- Complete three tasks as a junior ambassador to earn the “ambassador” title. Upon becoming an official U.S. Pain ambassador, you will receive a certificate and ambassador package!
Ambassadors are eligible for special benefits, like trainings, webinars, and conferences. We hope you’ll join our ambassador family! If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Once you sign up as an ambassador, you will receive a welcome email and a password to access the ambassador toolkit, which has resources to help you to maximize your impact on behalf of the chronic pain community. If you already are an ambassador and haven’t received the password, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources in the toolkit include:
- Ways to engage
- Proclamations resources
- Beautify in Blue resources
- Light up the Landmark resources
- Media policy
- Get involved with Pain Awareness Month! More information can be found here.